MAD (Mindie, Adam, Alex, David) Family Fun is the result of friends and family asking "How do you find so much fun stuff to do?" So, I decided to share with everyone! There are no BIG secrets involved, I promise. I just have a knack for finding fun and now I want to share it with you!

MAD Family Fun is a place to find activities, events and ideas to have more fun with your family. Enjoy!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

One World, Many Stories - Summer Kick Off

Today kicked off the 2011 summer Story Time in the Park program put on by the Charlotte Community Library.  I have waited, umm I mean, David and I have waited all winter to sing the welcome song at the Story Time. "Hello. My name is Jo. I have a wife and three kids and I work in a button factory. One day, my boss came in. Said are you tired? I said no!" Trust me it is fun!

Today's event included WILX Channel 10 Weather personality, Darrin Rockcole and the mobile weather lab. He answered the childrens' questions, like where does lighting come from, what was the most rain in one day, and what is the hottest it has ever been in Michigan. The answer to the the last question is 112! WOW.


Not to be out done the "Library Ladies" put on a wonderful story time with weather related books, lots of songs and even some dancing!

Story time
David getting his dance on!
If you missed out this week, never fear! Story Time in the Park takes place Tuesdays from 11am till noon. Next week is Farm Animal Day, so meet us there to pet some live critters. Come early for a good seat, stay after for play time and don't forget your picnic!!

Don't live near by? Well check YOUR local library! I am sure they have some kind of summer fun to get into!!

No comments:

Post a Comment