MAD (Mindie, Adam, Alex, David) Family Fun is the result of friends and family asking "How do you find so much fun stuff to do?" So, I decided to share with everyone! There are no BIG secrets involved, I promise. I just have a knack for finding fun and now I want to share it with you!

MAD Family Fun is a place to find activities, events and ideas to have more fun with your family. Enjoy!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Mom, how are boogers made?


Ummm really? Yup, my kid wanted to know how boogers are made so I decided to see what the Internet had to help me explain it all to him.

For the basics of how a booger is made I found a simple explanation. I drew him a picture of a nose with hairs in it and made little dust particles on them and well, you get the idea. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Now that he knew the "scientific facts" of boogers, I thought we would have some fun with the topic. How about making your own boogers? Not from your nose silly, in a bowl!


What You Need

  • Borax Powder
  • Elmer's Glue
  • Water
  • Food Coloring
  • Measuring Cups
  • Baggies or Bowls
Stir 1/8 cup borax into 500 ml warm water. It's okay if some borax remains undissolved. Allow solution to cool to room temperature.

In a separate container, stir 2 spoonfuls of glue into 3 spoonfuls of water. White glue will give you opaque snot (more booger than snot); glue gel will produce you translucent slimy snot.

Stir a couple of drops of food coloring into the glue mixture.

Add a spoonful of the borax solution to the glue mixture. Stir (if in a bowl) or squish (if in a baggie).

Have fun with your snot!


I also found this is a catchy little song about boogers online. I must say it is toe tapping and sticks (get it) in your head, just remind your little ones "NO WE DON'T WIPE BOOGERS ON OTHERS."


No comments:

Post a Comment