MAD (Mindie, Adam, Alex, David) Family Fun is the result of friends and family asking "How do you find so much fun stuff to do?" So, I decided to share with everyone! There are no BIG secrets involved, I promise. I just have a knack for finding fun and now I want to share it with you!

MAD Family Fun is a place to find activities, events and ideas to have more fun with your family. Enjoy!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Plant Pals will grow on you!

When I was a kid, we used to take frozen O.J. cans or soup cans, wrap paper around them and decorate them as people. We then planted grass seed inside to grow “hair.” I used to love cutting my people’s “hair.” Well Disney’s Family Fun site gives a twist to my childhood craft and I like it!


They are called “plant pals” and you basically do the same thing I did as a child but with a clear cup. Why do I think this is better? Because you can see the roots!! How cool is that!!?!? You can still cut the “hair” or put bows in it, but I can’t wait to do this with my son because we can talk about how grass grows from seeds and we will be able to watch the action!

No comments:

Post a Comment