MAD (Mindie, Adam, Alex, David) Family Fun is the result of friends and family asking "How do you find so much fun stuff to do?" So, I decided to share with everyone! There are no BIG secrets involved, I promise. I just have a knack for finding fun and now I want to share it with you!

MAD Family Fun is a place to find activities, events and ideas to have more fun with your family. Enjoy!

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Apple Crisp - A fall favorite


When the are turns crisp, you know it is time to make some Apple Crisp! I know there are a million and one ways to make it and everyone claims theirs is the best. I clam nothing! This is just the way I do it and the way our family has come to enjoy the great fall snack.

My family recipe.....

1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon

Combine and add to the desired amount of peeled, cored, sliced apples, coating them well. Place apples in backing pan.


1 Cup Sugar
1 1/2 Cup Flour
3/4 Cup Butter

Milk
Powder sugar

Combine into a crumbly dough. Crumble or pinch off pieces and place over the top of the apples. Bake at 350 degrees for around 30 to 45 minutes. After the crisp cools, combine milk and powder sugar in a bowl to make as much or as little glaze to drizzle over the top.

Now you could eat it right away and we always have a piece but I love it even more after it has been refrigerated. Let me just say, this is so addictive that I had to pack my son some in his school lunch today! He loves it that much. So why not whip some up and enjoy one of our family fall traditions. I promise, it's good!



This recipe was shared on

 

2 comments:

  1. You know I love apple crisp! I've never tried it with a glaze on the top, but it sure looks yummy--I WILL try it! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love apple crisp and you know, I didn't have a recipe for one...until now! thanks so much for linking this up to katie's language cafe's recipe link up! hope you will pick something to link up this week too. ~~katie

    ReplyDelete