MAD (Mindie, Adam, Alex, David) Family Fun is the result of friends and family asking "How do you find so much fun stuff to do?" So, I decided to share with everyone! There are no BIG secrets involved, I promise. I just have a knack for finding fun and now I want to share it with you!

MAD Family Fun is a place to find activities, events and ideas to have more fun with your family. Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy May Day!!!



It's May 1st and that means it is MAY DAY. What is May Day you might ask? Well the earliest May Day celebrations appeared in pre-Christian times, with the festival of Flora, the Roman goddess of flowers. May Day is best known for its tradition of dancing the maypole dance



Another tradition is the giving of "May baskets," small baskets of sweets and/or flowers, usually left anonymously on neighbours' doorsteps. I used to do this as a little girl!! I have no idea how or why we did it but we did. So today when my son gets home from school we will make a May Basket craft for our neighbor.

So have some May Day fun today celebrating flowers. Heck if I get every thing ready in time we may even do the maypole dance!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment