MAD (Mindie, Adam, Alex, David) Family Fun is the result of friends and family asking "How do you find so much fun stuff to do?" So, I decided to share with everyone! There are no BIG secrets involved, I promise. I just have a knack for finding fun and now I want to share it with you!

MAD Family Fun is a place to find activities, events and ideas to have more fun with your family. Enjoy!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Grandparents, the unsung heroes


Our family makes sacrifices because the cost of child care is just too high. I am lucky, I am a stay at home mom. But so many families today have to find others, like daycare or grandparents, to watch and raise their little ones. It is hard all around for everyone. That is why I want to take a minute to point out the new generations of unsung heroes….. Grandparents!!

Grandparents have already raised their children but in this day and age, more and more, they are stepping up to raise their grandchildren. You would not believe how many grandparents I see doing this everyday. Dropping kids at school, taking them to fun events like library in the park, lunch at McDonalds, and the list goes on. So I just wanted to take a minute to say to all the grandparents who are working so hard, raising the next generation….

THANK YOU!!! Thank you for being so selfless. Thank you for giving up your relaxing days of retirement to care for and bring joy to your grandchildren. Thank you for teaching and molding another generation of little ones. I personal love talking to all of you at events. You inspire me and give me great advice.

So today, even if your parents don’t help out daily with your children, give them a call and thank them for being a part of making your children who they are. My parents invest so much effort into making the visits they do have with my children meaningful and fun. So lets thank them for those extra miles that they go when they could be soaking up the sun in Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment