MAD (Mindie, Adam, Alex, David) Family Fun is the result of friends and family asking "How do you find so much fun stuff to do?" So, I decided to share with everyone! There are no BIG secrets involved, I promise. I just have a knack for finding fun and now I want to share it with you!

MAD Family Fun is a place to find activities, events and ideas to have more fun with your family. Enjoy!

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Spider pumpkin candle holder


Looking for some Halloween decorations that will not break the bank? Well then I have a great decoration craft idea for you! This cute spider pumpkin candle holder!!! It is so easy to make and since I had everything but the mini pumpkin on hand, my total out of pocket cost was 35 cents!

Materials
Mini Pumpkin
Orange pipe cleaners
Wiggle eyes
Glue
Tea candle

Simply "carve" out the pumpkin like you would a large one.  Take four orange pipe cleaners and cut them in half to make the eight legs. Twist four pipe cleaners together to make 2 bunches of legs. Next glue on the wiggle eyes. I put the candle in so it was snug and then placed the legs wedged between the candle and the pumpkin and wallah, the cutest darn tea candle holder ever!

I love how cute they are and the fact you can make so many and not go broke. They really do add a festive feeling to any room. This is a wonderful craft we will do year after year. How about you? Feel like making a spider pumpkin infestation in your house?

No comments:

Post a Comment