MAD (Mindie, Adam, Alex, David) Family Fun is the result of friends and family asking "How do you find so much fun stuff to do?" So, I decided to share with everyone! There are no BIG secrets involved, I promise. I just have a knack for finding fun and now I want to share it with you!

MAD Family Fun is a place to find activities, events and ideas to have more fun with your family. Enjoy!

Friday, July 13, 2012

Odd Plushes

Here at MAD our Fun Testers are blessed with the coolest Great Aunt ever! Out of the blue, packages of joy arrive, and today was one of those days. Usually it is an awesome book or an amazing new stuffed friend. Well today, something odd came. Something my child LOVED. What did she send him this time? She sent him Head Lice, a Dust Mite, a Bookworm, and a Bed Bug!



Each critter came with a tag that not only told what it was (with scientific name) but showed the actual size and gave a great narrative of the "thing" in question. I died laughing at the gift because it was so perfect for our little scientist. And I am sorry, but when has a bed bug been so darn cute!

These plushes were such a hit they earned instant "bed privileges." If a plush makes it into bed, that means our son LOVES it. Yes, my son went to bed with lice and a bed bug! That cracks me up. I was curious after he went to bed so I looked at at the tags to see where these awesome guys came from. I typed in the address and I was soon thumbing through GIANTmicrobes.

They have everything you never thought could be a plush! Black death anyone? How about some giardia? I am telling you the E. coli is cute. Prices range between $8.99 and $9.99 for the plushes but they have more.... there are vinyl toys and other merchandise too. I tell you, the guy who thought up these products is a guineas because I have NEVER seen anything like this.

Maybe your child would not want one of these. Maybe your child is not as weird as my son. But maybe your pediatrician is awesome, one of these would be a very unique gift.  If you have a friend with chicken pox or hey fever, what would be better as a gift. This is defiantly a site to peek around for what ever ails ya!

Thanks again to Aunt Gloria for send a bundle of fun to brighten the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment