MAD (Mindie, Adam, Alex, David) Family Fun is the result of friends and family asking "How do you find so much fun stuff to do?" So, I decided to share with everyone! There are no BIG secrets involved, I promise. I just have a knack for finding fun and now I want to share it with you!

MAD Family Fun is a place to find activities, events and ideas to have more fun with your family. Enjoy!

Monday, April 9, 2012

Introducing new foods at any age

That's right, new foods aren't just for babies. I am a picky eater and I was lucky enough to marry a foodie. He has encouraged me to try more things and it has been great for our children because they are exposed to more stuff through him. But how does a picky person share new foods? Through FUN!!!

New foods can be scary to kids, but with a little imagination as a parent, we can make it fun. An example of this happened at our house this weekend. Our oldest had never had kiwi fruit so after seeing a photo online I made him a fruit palm tree.



And guess what? He likes kiwi!!! Now I am not saying making new food fun will make every child like a new food, but I think it makes it a little less scary to try new food. I know, some of you are saying "but I am not very creative." You don't have to be! I googled "creative food ideas" and it is amazing what other people have done that you can copy. So be creative, borrow from others and get your kids eating new things! Here a just a couple of the ideas I found.......



No comments:

Post a Comment