MAD (Mindie, Adam, Alex, David) Family Fun is the result of friends and family asking "How do you find so much fun stuff to do?" So, I decided to share with everyone! There are no BIG secrets involved, I promise. I just have a knack for finding fun and now I want to share it with you!

MAD Family Fun is a place to find activities, events and ideas to have more fun with your family. Enjoy!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Our Fair Fun

Summer is here and that means county fairs! We live near a few counties so we go to a lot of fairs. Today was the first of the summer and it was "Toddler Day" which meant all children 6 and under and parents got in FREE. Not a bad way to start the day. Of course we had to visit with all the animals first.






We did a few extra fun things like ride a camel. I mean come on $5 for a pony ride or $5 for a camel ride, it's a no brainer!

We also visited a free exhibit on being a veterinarian. Here my son got to perform "surgery" on a toy bunny with tummy pains. He loves it. That little blue sponge on the table is a lung!


And then there were the rides! For a $5 dollar wristband, the children could ride all the kiddy rides they wanted for 2 hours. Now my son is a bit of, well, he doesn't go for the fast and scary rides. That being said, I had to force him on the ride in the video. Some times as a parent you have to push a little. He was surprised he liked the ride (which I knew he would. ) In fact he liked it so much he went again!


So for $10 we had a wonderful adventure at the fair. I did have a flat tire when we left but since that turned into it's own adventure, well the cost of the new tire will not be held against the fair outing!

No comments:

Post a Comment